Monday, September 15, 2014

Fall Card Making

It appears that Fall weather is indeed upon us! I'm wondering what the leaves will be like this year, with the dry summer we had.

I got the chance to play in my craft room this weekend. I tried some neat techniques that you'll see over the next few days.

This is one of the cards I created, using one of my new favorite colors, Blackberry Bliss:



I love the way Blackberry Bliss contrasts with Hello Honey!

This card was quite easy to make, yet effective. Using the For All Things Stamp set and Hello Honey, I stamped the watercolor block stamp on Whisper White. I overlapped the background using the bundle of grasses stamp and Blackberry Bliss. Adding the sentiment completed the stamping portion of the card.

I mounted the Whisper White matte on a Blackberry Bliss matte and then secured the ends of Blackberry Bliss ribbon to the back of the matte, along the right side. I then tied a separate bow on the ribbon and positioned it where I thought it looked best. This is a good trick to use to get a nice bow with the flexibility to change its position if you need to do so.

Finally, I secured the mattes to a Hello Honey card front.

I like the way it turned out. What do you think? Have you made any Fall cards?


0 comments: