Monday, November 24, 2014

Star Card: Simple Sophistication

I had lots of time to daydream during my shift at Walmart today. I'm not sure if it was the weather that kept people away or what but I was able to brainstorm several card variations to create.

The card idea that I tried first is a simple little number that uses the Heated Copper Technique that I used previously to create this card:

Linda Vich Creates: Star Card: Simple Sophistication

The technique involves heating a piece of copper sheeting with a butane torch until it changes color. When doing this, the copper changes color in this order: copper, dark orange, pink, blue and finally, silver. You move the torch to different spots until you create an effect you like. After the copper cools, you can die cut and emboss it.

I thought this effect would be wonderfully different for using with the Stars Framelits.
After heating my copper piece, I die cut a star and embossed it using the Lacy Brocade embossing folder.

I wanted my star to actually be on the inside of the card but show through to the front. To achieve this, I cut out a larger star on the front of my 5.5 x 5.5" Blackberry Bliss card base.

Next, I used two star framelits together to die cut a star border from Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer Paper to sit on the card front, framing the copper star.

I adhered the copper star to the inside of the card, lining it up carefully through the star opening on the front of the card. I used Crystal Effects for a secure adhesion. I then glued the star border to the front of the card
.
I stamped the sentiment, from the Festival of Trees stamp set, on some Whisper White and flagged the end. I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges with Tangerine Tango.

I adhered the banner with a glue dot and then added a smaller copper star over top. In the centre of the star I added one of the large silver sequins from the Frosted Sequins and a rhinestone which I colored with a Rich Razzleberry Blendability marker.

The card is somewhat hard to photograph but here are a few shots of it.
Linda Vich Creates: Star Card: Simple Sophistication

Linda Vich Creates: Star Card: Simple Sophistication

Linda Vich Creates: Star Card: Simple Sophistication

The card is quite simple but I think it has a sweet sophistication to it as well. What do you think?

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: