Thursday, June 25, 2015

Watercolor Wings: A Study In Neutrals

Linda Vich Creates: Watercolor Wings: A Study In Neutrals. A stunning combo of neutral card stocks combined with glitzy butterflies and stamped flowers from Indescribable Gift and you have a recipe for a successful card!It's always such a delight when a card you've envisioned comes together!

Last night I started playing with a card that had been rolling around in my mind for about a day.

I got my mattes all cut and my stamping and die cutting pretty much done. Usually I finish a project, even if it is late but I was still recovering from a late night from the previous project so I headed to bed!

This morning, I was able to finish my card and I am more than pleased with how it turned out!

I started by stamping the large butterfly in the Watercolor Wings set on Very Vanilla card stock.

I used Sahara Sand to stamp the first stamp, Crumb Cake for the second and Tip Top Taupe for the third. I die cut it with the Bold Butterfly Framelits.

I then used the Butterflies Thinlits Dies to cut a detailed butterfly from Gold Glimmer paper. I also cut a small detailed butterfly from Gold Foil paper using the Bold Butterfly Framelits.

I stamped the inked butterfly with Versamark and then heat embossed it with Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder. I repeated the process to produce a smooth as glass shiny butterfly!

I attached the Gold Glimmer butterfly to the stamped butterfly using Crystal Effects and then attached the smaller Gold Foil butterfly on top. I liked the beautiful contrast of the clear embossed butterfly through the openings in the Gold Glimmer butterfly!

Next, I used my MISTI to stamp the flowers from Indescribable Gift in Tip Top Taupe on a 4 3/8" square Crumb Cake matte. I also stamped the sentiment from the Watercolor Wings stamp set.
I adhered the stamped matte to a Very Vanilla 4 5/8" matte using Fuse Fast.

Using Sticky Strip, I adhered a strip of Vanilla 5/8" Satin Ribbon across the bottom of the matte and then added a strip of Gold Sequin Trim.

I adhered a 5 1/4" matte of Tip Top Taupe to the 5 1/2" Very Vanilla card base using Fuse Fast. I then adhered the top matte to the card base using Dimensionals.

The butterfly was attached in the bottom right corner using both Crystal Effects and a couple of Dimensionals.

A 5 1/4" Crumb Cake matte was stamped with a section of the same flower stamp, using Tip Top Taupe, and then the matte was adhered to the inside of the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Watercolor Wings: A Study In Neutrals. A stunning combo of neutral card stocks combined with glitzy butterflies and stamped flowers from Indescribable Gift and you have a recipe for a successful card!


Linda Vich Creates: Watercolor Wings: A Study In Neutrals. A stunning combo of neutral card stocks combined with glitzy butterflies and stamped flowers from Indescribable Gift and you have a recipe for a successful card!
Close-up detail of butterfly

I just love the look of the gold and the neutral colors together. The Tip Top Taupe works especially well with the Crumb Cake.

What will you or have you created with the Watercolor Wings stamp set? Let me know in the comments below!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: