Friday, November 27, 2015

It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas!

Today, after preparing my projects for next week's stamp class, I was able to finish coloring the stamp I had started last Friday.

I absolutely love my Zig Clean Color Real Brush Markers! They are like no other markers I have ever used! It's almost effortless to blend colors with them, either on their own or by adding water with an aqua pen.

In preparation for coloring, I actually stamped a number of images on watercolor paper. I chose the little boy in the snowsuit from Christmas Cuties because there were a lot of large areas that I thought would work well for blending with water.

I couldn't have been happier with the way he turned out!

After fussy cutting him, I stroked around all the edges with a Basic Black Stampin' Write Marker to hide any white edges.

I cut a Thick Whisper White matte and embossed it with the Softly Falling embossing folder. To create a couple of snowbanks, I used the Sleigh Ride Edgelits Dies to cut some Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper. I snipped off the houses and trees with scissors.

Besides snowbanks, I wanted a tree for my little scene. I chose a stamp from the Peaceful Pines stamp set. Using Mossy Meadow, I stamped it on Garden Green card stock and then die cut it with the Perfect Pines Framelits.

I played with the placement of the snowbanks, tree, and the little boy until I was satisfied with my plan. Next, I glued one snowbank onto the embossed matte and then applied Dimensionals to the top of the other snowbank and Fast Fuse Adhesive to the bottom.

The tree die cut also received Dimensionals and was put in place behind the second snowbank. The little boy was popped up with Dimensionals and added to the scene giving depth to the scene.

The sentiment, also from Christmas Cuties, was stamped with Basic Black Archival ink and then punched with the Washi Label Punch. I used a sponge dauber to ink the edges with Real Red. It was adhered to the matte with Dimensionals.

I cut a matte from a striped Tempting Turquoise paper from the Brights DSP stack and inked the edges with Basic Black Archival ink. It was adhered to a Real Red card base using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Finally, the embossed matte was adhered on top using Fast Fuse Adhesive.


What do you think? Drop me a comment below!


Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog


2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Your little lad in the snow is darling, Linda! Love the shading your Zigs afforded. I've used them but not purchased them, and they really are like nothing else! Hope your week-end has been enjoyable! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much, Donna!