Monday, December 21, 2015

Glitzy Gift Bag

The Christmas season is such a busy time that I usually don't get the opportunity to do exquisite gift wrapping or create numerous embellished gift bags to give to my friends and family.

This year, however, my work schedule at Walmart has been quite slack so I've had additional crafting time. This allowed me to create a gift bag for a good friend and crafting enabler.

Because I had already created Christmas cards for the ladies in my stamping group, I decided to match the bag to the particular card that I gave my friend.

I used my Gift Bag Punch Board to create a Medium bag (3.25" in width) by using a piece of Bermuda Bay card stock measuring a full 8.5 x 11". The 11" is necessary to make a Medium bag while the 8.5" determines the finished height of the bag, minus about 2" for the bottom bag closure.

Once the bag was punched, folded, and adhered, using Fast Fuse Adhesive, I sprayed all sides of the bag using my Heidi Swap Color Shine Spritz in Gold Lamé. I haven't quite mastered the spraying process yet! I tend to get too much spray on my projects or the drops are too big. Regardless, I think the addition of the spray really amps up the wattage on a project!

I used my heat tool to ensure that all sides were dry and then threaded a coordinating sheer ribbon through the holes I had punched in the top of the bag. I knotted the ends to form two separate handles.
Next, to match up with the Christmas card, I used sticky strip to adhere a piece of burlap ribbon completely around the bag, from one edge to the other. To cover the raw edges of the ribbon, I adhered two Metallic Foil Doilies, folded in half over the edges of the bag.

Since the card utilized snowflakes, I decided to use two of the Snowflake Elements on the bag. The top side of each snowflake was painted with Picket Fence Distress Ink and then I adhered Iced Rhinestones to the centres of each snowflake.

I adhered a folded strip of Bermuda Bay Sequin Trim behind each snowflake and then adhered the snowflakes with Dimensionals to each side of the bag where the doily met the top of the burlap ribbon.

With very few embellishments or time, I had a elegant gift bag to fill for my friend!

Though I did not take a picture of both the card and bag together, you can see below that they match quite well.

 


The Gift Bag Punch Board is ideal for creating unique bags for gifting. Have you used the Gift Bag Punch Board? Drop me a comment below with a link to your projects!

Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

0 comments: