Thursday, February 18, 2016

I'm Lost Without You

I finally got my hands on the Going Global Stamp Set! Once I got a good look at the various stamps, I envisioned a star-studded night sky artfully created with the use of printed vellum, Wink of Stella, and rhinestones.

Time to bling it up!

I started by cutting a Night of Navy standard card base as well as a strip that was about 1 x 5 1/2" in length. Also cut was a strip of Silver Foil 1 x 5 1/2" and a piece of vellum from the Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack cut to just short of 4 1/4 x 5 1/2".

The now retired Adorning Accents Edgelits were used to trim the strips of card stock and foil. (To view another card that uses these, see Sale-a-Bration Freebie Sneak Peek.)

Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment on the die cut card stock using Versamark and heat embossed it using the Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder. I stamped the Big Dipper onto the vellum and also embossed it.

I adhered the vellum to the card base by putting little dots of Multi Medium Matte beneath the printed stars (where it wouldn't be seen) as well as along the base of the vellum. I adhered the die cut pieces of card stock and foil along the bottom of the card using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Rhinestones were adhered to the stars in the Big Dipper. In addition, I used the Fine Tip Glue Pen to put little drops of glue on several of the vellum stars and then poured Dazzling Diamonds Glitter over top, knocking off the excess. One last bit of glitz–I added Wink of Stella to some of the stars that didn't receive any of the Dazzling Diamonds.

For the inside of the card I cut a matte from Whisper White. I used Night of Navy ink on my MISTI to stamp a portion of the compass stamp in the bottom right corner after stamping off twice. I finished the matte by inking the edges with a sponge dauber. It was adhered using Fast Fuse Adhesive.


Nice and blingy, huh? Remember, when in doubt, add glitter! And rhinestones. And Wink of Stella!

True to the title and card sentiment, I'm lost without you . . . my readers.

Your comments mean so much to me and encourage me to try new ideas and techniques to share with you! Thank you for taking the time to connect with me by leaving a comment below.



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

wowser of a card, Linda! Love the dipper embellishment! you are so clever! the die cuts and choice of mirror silver CS is wonderful! Another fabulous use of imagination, technique and TERRIFIC-NESS! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! Hope you have a great weekend!