Thursday, February 11, 2016

Stampin' Royalty and Botanicals

>>>>>Update<<<<<

My card was chosen as a Top Pick on Stampin' Royalty #316! Woohoo! Click on the picture below to come and play!


Today I was busy making Valentine stuff which I'll post later this week. Just before picking up Raine, I had surfed over to the Stampin' Royalty blog and was surprised to discover that my Sky Is The Limit Birthday card was one of the picks for the #315 Challenge! That gave me a nice boost so I took a look at the challenge for this week and after supper I was compelled to create a card for it!

As soon as I saw the inspiration photo for the challenge, I thought of Mint Macaron and vellum. I knew that I would use the Botanical Gardens Designer Vellum Stack and lots of gold!

I started by selecting a piece of the vellum that had the flowers from the Botanicals Builder Framelits printed on the vellum. I used the Framelits to die cut some flowers from Mint Macaron and set about placing the die cuts on the vellum to form a pleasing cluster. Once I was happy with it, I added die cut centres from Gold Glimmer Paper and leaves from Gold Foil Paper.

I cut a card base from the Mint Macaron card stock to make a 4.75 x 6" card. I cut the vellum to fit the front of the card. I decided to tie a length of both the Mint Macaron Dotted Ribbon and Gold Sequin Trim down the l ft side of the card. This allowed me to use Snail Adhesive to attach the vellum where the glue wouldn't be seen.

I then shaped each flower with my McGill Paper Blossom Tool Kit set and inked the edges of each with Mint Macaron ink. I glued each centre into its flower using Multi Medium Matte. Before gluing the flowers onto the vellum, I made a thread nest from Gold Metallic Thread and secured it under the edge of the ribbon using a glue dot.

The flowers and leaves were then glued into place. The smallest flowers were adhered with glue dots. A rhinestone, coloured with a Copic marker, was added to each little flower.

The sentiment, from the Picture Perfect Stamp Set was stamped with Tip Top Taupe onto Mint Macaron. Then the sentiment was re-stamped using Gold Encore ink (I used my MISTI, of course!) Using the Tip Top Taupe ink first help d to give the color a bit more depth.

The sentiment was die cut using a die from the Bitty Banners Framelits. The edges were inked with Mint Macaron and then the banner was glued to the card front to complete the card.


Close up details
It felt good to complete this card and have it look even better than I envisioned! I'll be entering this card in the Stampin Royalty Challenge #316.

#sr316

Hope you have a great day!

11 comments:

Kelly Schudi said...

I love the card and the colors. At first I thought it was Lost Lagoon. Nice job!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks Kelly!

Sara Levin said...

Beautiful card Linda! It was the first thing I saw in my facebook feed this morning and I wanted to let you know I loved it!

Shawna said...

Looks Fabulous Linda! I'd say your card is a shoe in to win :)

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Sara!

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for your vote of confidence Shawna!

Donna Ellis said...

Linda, this is beautiful, and you made it after dinner? Wow! the sentiment is awesome! XO

Linda Vich said...

Thank you so much Donna!

Kylie Bertucci said...

Just amazing Linda! Congratulations! This project is one of my most popular pins this week and is being highlighted on my blog today. Thanks for sharing. Kylie xx

Linda Dickinson said...

Stunning card!! Thanks for sharing: )

Linda Vich said...

Thanks for your lovely comment Linda!