Monday, April 4, 2016

Gift From The Garden Corner Fold Card

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden Corner Fold Card. Botanical Gardens DSP serves as both backdrop and embellishment for this lovely Corner Fold card.
I love to make cards with lots of flowers and embellishments but sometimes simple is good!

Today's card has a great look but is quite easy to make. It has a lot of layers but if you cut all your materials, all you have left is to put it together!

The card technique I am using is called a Decorative Corner Fold. What is nice about this card is that it folds flat for mailing but stands up very well! There are many different ways to embellish your card. You'll find a few ideas in this Pinterest search result. I consulted a video tutorial at Debby's Designs to get the details on how to make this card.

I cut a 5 1/2 x 8 1/2" card base from Cajun Craze and scored it on the long side at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, and 6 3/8." I also cut a piece of Cajun Craze at 1 x 5 1/2" and scored it vertically at 1/2." While I had my Cajun Craze card stock out, I also punched two, 1" circles and one, 2 1/2" circle using my circle punches.

For mattes, I chose Delightful Dijon and cut four pieces, 5 1/4 x 1 7/8." I also punched a 2" circle from the same card stock. I chose a flowered piece of paper from the Botanical Gardens DSP and cut three pieces, 5 x 1 5/8"; I also cut a piece of Whisper White to the same size to use for the sentiment on the back of the card.

On the 2" circle of Delightful Dijon, I stamped a watering can from the Gift For The Garden stamp set. I stamped the sentiment above it using a stamp from the Endless Thanks stamp set. Both stamps were done in Cajun Craze. Delightful Dijon was used to ink the edges of the die cut.

Using Cajun Craze again, I stamped the sentiment from the Gift From The Garden stamp set onto the Whisper White card stock. I then proceeded to ink the edges of this piece, and all the DSP pieces with the Cajun Craze ink. The pieces of Delightful Dijon card stock were inked with their matching ink.
I used my bone folder to crease all the folds in the card base and then adhered all the Delightful Dijon mattes and then all the DSP and the sentiment on Whisper White using Fast Fuse Adhesive.

Next, I took the long strip of Cajun Craze and creased it on its 1/2" score line. I applied Fast Fuse to one half of the strip on the mountain side of the fold. I lined this up with one side of the card base and adhered it to the wrong side of the card. I then applied adhesive to the second side and folded the card flat over top of it to connect the two ends of the card. This formed the "box" of the card.

I flattened the card so that the sentiment panel was at the back of the card. I folded the 1" circles in half and applied adhesive to one half of each of them. After determining where I was going to mount the large circle die cuts, I adhered the half-circles on either side of the centre score line about 1 1/2" from the top of the card.

The stamped circle die cut was adhered to the Cajun Craze die cut using Dimensionals. I then added adhesive to the remaining half of each 1" circle that had been glued to the card front and then placed the large die cuts on top. This allowed the die cuts to pivot as the card was either flattened or stood up.

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden Corner Fold Card. Botanical Gardens DSP serves as both backdrop and embellishment for this lovely Corner Fold card.

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden Corner Fold Card. Botanical Gardens DSP serves as both backdrop and embellishment for this lovely Corner Fold card.

Linda Vich Creates: Gift From The Garden Corner Fold Card. Botanical Gardens DSP serves as both backdrop and embellishment for this lovely Corner Fold card.

Even though the sentiment I chose had to be stamped in landscape format on the card, I am sure that the recipient won't mind. After all, the viewer would not be looking at both the card front and the card back at the same time, right?

I chose not to embellish this card further, allowing the patterned paper to take centre stage under the die cut.



Feel free to save this color combo if you would like to use it for inspiration for some of your own cards!



2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Darling corner adorner card! LOL remember when we did not have dies, and we used Corner Adorner brand punches! These Corner fold cards are great - and so easy to make - I love the colors in yours, Linda! Hope you are enjoying a great week! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna!