Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Paisley and Copper Times Three

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.
It happened again last night.

Lying in bed, just about asleep, I got the idea for today's card. I roused myself enough to jot down the pertinent details in my Notes app and then went back to sleep.

I was really looking forward to completing the card today but my daughter texted me early this morning to ask if I could watch Raine because she wasn't feeling too good.

Needless to say, I didn't get much done on the card today though there were a few moments when Raine felt a little better and was watching Pet Patrol on tv that I got to sneak into my craft room to start my card.

Raine appeared a little later and wanted to watch me stamp and emboss and then she decided to get out her stamping set and bring it to the craft room. I moved her table and chair in and she happily stamped beside me for about a half hour!

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

That was the high point of the day. Later, Raine started feeling miserable again and then about half an hour before Steffan came to pick her up, she fell asleep! Poor little thing! She wasn't too happy when she had to wake up and go home.

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

After supper, I finished making my card using the following steps.

To begin with, I used my Judikins Color Dusters to brush areas of Pumpkin Pie and Tempting Turquoise onto a Very Vanilla matte. Next, I used my MISTI to line up the stamps from the Paisleys & Posies on top of the matte. After using my Embossing Buddy, I stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed it with Copper Embossing Powder.

Next, I used the Acorn Builder Punch to punch the parts of the acorn from Copper Foil and Pumpkin Pie. I used the now retired Decorative Dots Embossing Folder to emboss the copper piece and then used my Score Tool to emboss lines on the top piece of the acorn. I adhered the pieces together using liquid adhesive.

I glued the paisley matte to a copper one and then to a standard Tempting Turquoise card front. Using the now retired Finishing Touches Edgelits, I die cut a strip of Tempting Turquoise. I used two Dimensionals to adhere it to the front of the card front.

A nest of Copper Metallic Thread was made and adhered to the left side of the strip. The acorn was adhered with Dimensionals over it.

I cut a small strip of Tempting Turquoise and flagged one end using the Banner Triple Punch. The sentiment, from the now retired Another Thank You stamp set, was stamped in Versamark and then Heat embossed in copper. The strip was adhered at the top of the card front using a Fast Fuse.

A Very Vanilla matte was embossed with copper and adhered inside to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

Linda Vich Creates: Paisley Thank You. Copper embossed paisley stamps serve as the backdrop to a copper acorn on this lovely thank you card.

I'm really pleased with the final result! I love the combination of turquoise, orange and copper and the paisley stamps just are so magical!




2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Darling photos of your granddaughter, Linda! Thanks for sharing your afternoon! Your card is again made with the most magical color combination! Lovely bold blue and brilliant copper tones. The design is fantastic! Thanks for the inspiration! Hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! It was nice to spend time with my granddaughter, even though she wasn't at her best.