Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Beautiful You

Linda Vich Creates: Beautiful You. Watercolor pencils blended with Clear Wink of Stella add flair to a stamp from the Beautiful You stamp set.
By now, you may have received your Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog and Sale-a-Bration Brochure. If you have, you know that you are seriously going to want most of the items in the catalog! If you haven't yet received them, be prepared to be blown away!

I have had my demonstrator pre-order for some time now but have not had the opportunity to play with my new toys. If you live in Canada and would like to be able to order new goodies before anyone else, contact me today about becoming a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator!

Today's card uses one of the new stamp sets and it is probably going to be one of my favorites!

To begin, I stamped both the woman and the sentiment, from the Beautiful You stamp set, using Basic Black Archival ink on Watercolor paper. The stamped images were then die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits.

I used two of the new Watercolor Pencils to add a little color on the left side of the woman's dress and hat and then used my Clear Wink of Stella to work the color over the rest of the image, providing both shadow and highlight.

My first time using the Watercolor Pencils was definitely a delight! They go on easily and I love the shimmery blending when using the Wink of Stella with them! They can also be blended using the Aqua Painter or the Blender Pens.

A standard card base was cut from Emerald Envy and matte from Basic Black. I also cut a matte from a sheet of the Playful Palette DSP. The DSP was adhered to the Basic Black matte and then a length of the Sweet Sugarplum Glitter Ribbon was laid vertically and taped to the back of the matte. The matte was then adhered to the card front using Dimensionals.

The stitched squares were then layered on the card front using Dimensionals to complete the card.

Linda Vich Creates: Beautiful You. Watercolor pencils blended with Clear Wink of Stella add flair to a stamp from the Beautiful You stamp set.

I know I will be using this stamp set again soon, along with the Watercolor Pencils!




4 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a great encouragement card, Linda - all down in your trademark vivid colors! Beautiful! Just a brief not to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas, and to thank you for your on-line friendship. I hope that 2017 is especially good to you, and that the promise of new beginnings creates wonderful journeys! hugs, de

Gloria S said...

I'm going to love those Watercolor Pencils! I saw how well the colors matched. I love your card and the stamp set. It's Stampin Up! What's not to love? It's also a very easy card to make, but, looks like you took forever to make. Well done!

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! I hope you have a lovely Christmas and I look forward to more of your encouraging comments in 2017!

Linda Vich said...

Gloria, thank you for your comments! The watercolor pencils are lovely so be sure to get some!