Thursday, May 17, 2018

Wood Textures GoodBye

Linda Vich Creates: Wood Textures Goodbye. The Tailored Tag punch teams up with Wood Textures DSP to create this inlaid wood effect for a masculine card.
About a week ago, we had to say goodbye to the store manager that we had had for three years. Sheldon was a welcome addition to our store. He was very likeable, hardworking, and had a great sense of humor! Of course, since he was so good at his job, he was promoted and left us for another store in Winnipeg. I made him this card to thank him for being such a great boss.

I began by cutting both a standard card base and matte from Early Espresso. I punched a number of pieces from the Wood Textures DSP and after figuring out the placement, I mounted each on another piece punched from Soft Suede card stock for added stability.

I used Versamark and Clear Stampin' Emboss Powder to create a high gloss on each piece. My plan was to make this look like a high gloss, inlaid wood piece. I then used Crystal Effects to adhere each piece to the matte. For the pieces that overhung the matte, I snipped them off with scissors and then glued them into the tiny spots I still needed to fill. After wrapping lengths of Linen Thread around the matte, I used Dimensionals to adhere it to the card front.

The sentiment, from the now retired Greatest Greetings stamp set, was stamped on Thick Very Vanilla using Soft Suede. The edges were also inked with Soft Suede. The greeting was adhered using Adhesive Strips. For a little "manly" bling, I added three of the now retired Urban Underground Embellishments.

Linda Vich Creates: Wood Textures Goodbye. The Tailored Tag punch teams up with Wood Textures DSP to create this inlaid wood effect for a masculine card.


I'm pleased with how this card turned out--I have the Wood Textures to thank for this!





2 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Linda! I love this card, and so will Sheldon. It's a wonderful combination of wood tones and pretty shapes! I wish him best success in his future, and think your new employee will be lucky to be working with someone like you! hugs, de

Linda Vich said...

Thank you Donna! You are so sweet!